In preparation for the next Star Wars movie coming out in December, I've decided to 3D scan a stormtrooper.
I first had to drill a hole in the stormtrooper's butt and impale it with a stick. Sorry bud!
The setup for the photoshoot can be seen below.
After numerous retakes, I was finally able to get a photo align that surrounded my stormtrooper.
After applying the dense point cloud, the mesh, and the texture, my stormtrooper was finally modeled.
Although the results were not perfect, I was happy that I was able to get to this point. I tried to get clean up the model by deleting the green, the pole, and separating the arms from the waist.
Hopefully, I will be able to edit the model to fix all the imperfections and get rid of the green from the green screen.
I also like how the sphere in the middle of the view kind of looks like the Death Star.